iTapuih.com - Kumpulan Soal Recount Text SMP dan Pembahasan. Recount Text adalah salah satu jenis teks yang menceritakan tentang peristiwa atau kejadian yang sudah terjadi di masa lalu. Pada postingan kali ini saya akan membagikan tentang Kumpulan Contoh Soal Recount Text Untuk SMP dan Pembahasan. Kumpulan soal Recount Text berikut ini saya kumpulkan dari berbagai naskah soal UN Bahasa Inggris SMP. Untuk lebih jelasnya Anda bisa kunjungi link berikut ini Pembahasan Soal UN Bahasa Inggris SMP dan SMA (2009-2017) Semoga kumpulan soal-soal berikut ini dapat membantu kita untuk meningkatkan kemampuan dalam Bahasa Inggris.
Read the following text to answer questions number 1 to 3.
On the first day, we spent our time setting up tent and exploring the surrounding area. I was happy to find that there were many campers there. At night, after we had dinner, we met other campers. We catted and played guitar. It was fun meeting people who had the same hobby. It was not frightening at all at night in the forest as it was very noisy that night. We laughed and sang, and some campers even danced. We went to bed almost dawn. No wonder we got up late the following day. We hiked with others campers until afternoon. We did not realize that it was almost 5 in the afternoon and we had to go back home soon. It was really nice. I planned to go there again on the next long holiday. I would ask other friends to join.
|1. What was amazing according to the writer of the text?|
|2. What did the writer do on the second day of their camping activity?|
|3. “…we spent our time setting up the tent and exploring the surrounding are.” (paragraph 2)|
What does the underlined word mean?
1. Perhatikan bahwa kata "It" pada kalimat kelima pargraf ke-1 "It was amazing" mengacu pada kata benda dalam pernyataan yang mendahuluinya, yakni “.... so we could see the scenery around us”. Hal ini berarti yang mengagumkan "amazing" adalah pemandangan di sekitar kampung The scenery amund the campsite.
2. Perhatikan kalimat ke-9 paragraf 2: “....the following day. We hiked others campers until afternoon”. Dari kalimat tersebut diperoleh informasi, bahwa yang penulis lakukan di hari kedua adalah mereka mendaki gunung bersama peserta camping lainnya They hiked with other campers.
3. Kata bergaris bawah "exploring" memiliki arti (menjelajahi untuk mengetahui sesuatu). Pilihan yang tepat dalah Travelling through to learn about it. Maksud pada pilihan jawaban yang lain adalah:
- Going backward and forward to watch something (surveying/inspecting).
- Observing carefully to examine something (a checking/investigating).
- Looking for something in surrounding area (searching).
Read the following text to answer questions number 4 to 6.
some hot cooking oil. She was crying with pain and the pan was on ﬁre. Mr. Damiri had gone to the ofﬁce. The other children had gone to school.
Yusuf was too small to help his mother, and she was too frightened to speak sensibly to him. But he ran to the neighbour’s house and asked his neighbor to come and help his
mother. The neighbor soon put out the ﬁre and took Yusuf’s mother to the clinic.
When Mr. Damiri came home, his wife told him what had happened. He was very proud of his son, “When you are a man, you will be just like your father,”she said.
|4. Who took Mrs. Damiri to the clinic?|
|5. The main idea of the second paragraph is ….|
|6. How did the neighbour help Mrs. Damiri?|
4. Yang membawa Bu Damiri ke klinik adalah tetangganya "her neighbour". Dijelaskan dalam kalimat terakhir paragraf kedua. “The neighbour soon put out the fire and took Yusuf mother to the clinic.” Jawabannya adalah Her neighbour.
5. Gagasan utama paragraf dua adalah Yusuf meminta tetangganya untuk membantu "Yusuf asked his neighbour for help". Dinyatakan dalam baris kedua. “But he ran to the neighbour’s house and asked his neighbour to come and help his mother” Jawabannya adalah Yusuf asked his neighbour to help.
6. Tetangga membantu memadamkan api dan membawa Bu Damiri ke klinik "He put out the fire and took Mrs.Damiri to the clinic". Jawaban tersebut dijelaskan dalam kalimat terakhir paragraph kedua. “The neighbor Soon put out the fire and took Yusuf's mother to the clinic.” Jawabannya adalah He put out the ﬁre and took Mrs. Damiri ot the clinic.
Read the following text to answer questions number 7 to 9.
When I arrived home, my mother told me that my friend called. She said that he was in the department store looking for me. My mother asked me to come back to the department store. Reluctantly, I walked to the department store and you know what? When I arrived there his motorcycle was not in the parking area. He just went home. I was very tired. There was no other choice, I had to walk home again. When I arrived home, I was so tired. I was very angry but when I saw my friend's broad smile greet me in front of the door, I just could not help laughing.
|7. The text above is about ....|
|8. The writer couldn't contact his friend because ....|
|9. From the story above we can conclude that there was a problem because ....|
7. Teks di atas merupakan pengalaman yang dialami oleh sang penulis dan temannya. Pilihan yang tepat adalah The writer and his friend.
8. Dapat kita ketahui bahwa si penulis tidak dapat menghubungi temannya dikarenakan telepon genggam milikinya rusak. Pilihan yang tepat adalah His cell phone was broken.
9. Sejak awal si penulis mendapat masalah karena telepon genggamnya yang rusak sehingga tidak dapat menghubungi temannya untuk menanyakan keberadaan dirinya. Pilihan yang tepat adalah The writer couldn't contact his friend.
Read the following text to answer questions number 10 to 12.
A crew announced the passengers that we were going to land in the airport in a few minutes. While listening to the announcement, I was looking outside through the window and saw how dark the sky was. It was raining heavily and lightnings sparked here and there.
Suddenly, I felt the plane went bumpy. The impact was low at the beginning, however it gradually became terrible. Everything shook terribly. People started to scream in fear. I hold my parents' hands. I heard my Dad was praying while Mom tried to soothe me.
Fortunately, our plane landed safely at the airport under that extreme weather. I thanked God for saving my parents and I.
|10. What was the writer's mother doing during the turbulence?|
|11. The turbulence was caused by ....|
|12. What is the main idea of paragraph 2?|
10. Pertanyaan tersebut berarti (Apa yang dilakukan ibu dari penulis ketika ada guncangan) jawabannya dapat dilihat pada paragraph 3 “I heard my dad was praying while Mom tried to soothe me” (Saya mendengar ayah saya berdoa dan ibu saya mencoba untuk menenangkan saya) Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah She was calming the writer down.
11. Pada dasarnya bacaan tersebut menjelaskan pesawat yang akan mendarat dalam keadaan cuaca yang buruk “Our plane landed safely at the airport under that extreme weahter” ng artinya (Pesawat tersebut mendarat dalam keadaan cuaca yang sangat buruk) Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah The bad weather.
12. Inti dari ide pokok dalam paragraph dua dapat ditemukan pada kalimat pertama “a crew announced the passengers that we were going to land in the airport in a few minutes” Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah A crew was announcing that they were going to land soon.
Read the following text to answer questions number 13 to 15.
He tried to look for him for days. Finally, five weeks later, when Tom was out for a coffee at Motorway Cafe, his parents called. They were having lunch when they heard a dog barked outside the house. The hurriedly went out and there was Paddy wigling his tail.
|13. "That was the last time he saw Paddy"|
The word "he" refers to ....
|14. How did Paddy get lost?|
|15. The text generally talks about ....|
13. Melalui kalimat "Although Tom was trying hard to grip the collar, Paddy was running after the rabbit. That was the last time he saw Paddy". Kita bisa menemukan jawaban bahwa kata "he" mengacu pada Tom.
14. Pertanyaan (Bagaimana Paddy bisa lolos) berdasarkan isi bacaan kita bisa tahu bahwa jawabannya adalah He saw a rabbit and ran after it.
15. Cerita tersebut menceritakan tentang kembalinya sang anjing. Pilihan yang tepat adalah The coming back of the lost dog.
Read the following text to answer questions number 16 to 18.
It was getting awful after 10 minutes of the race. People who ran in front of me made me breathe the dust they created. It wasn’t so bad until my throat started to hurt. It was very painful. I had a hard time to catch my breath and I sweat a lot. I really hated it.
In the end I managed to finish the race. I felt really good after that. I felt fully alive again. That race was a horrible experience. That is the reason why I quitted the team a week later.
|16. What does the second paragraph tell us about?|
|17. From the text, we know that ….|
|18. Why was the writer’s throat painful?|
16. Paragraf kedua menceritakan tentang kecelakaan yang menyakitkan ketika mengikuti perlombaan lintas negara Painful incidents during the cross country.
17. Pada teks tersebut, diceritakan bahwa penulis tetap menyelesaikan perlombaan meskipun tenggorokannya sakit Although he hod a painful throat, the writer could finish the race.
18. Dalam teks dikatakan bahwa “People who ran in front of me mode me breathe the dust they created. It wasn't so bad untl my throat started to hurt” (orang yang berlari di depanku membuat banyak debu. Itu buruk sekall sampal tenggorokan saya terasa sakit). Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah People in front of him created dust.
Read the following text to answer questions number 19 to 21.
When we arrived at Saung Angklung Mang Udjo, we were welcome by hot Sundanese drinks known as Bandrek It was very unique. After that, we went around the gallery that sells the Sundanese handicrafts. We then walked to the hall, it was a rounded stage. Everybody sat anxiously.
The Angklung shows soon began with a performance of a large group of dancers and Angklung players. Then, the master of ceremony introduced herself and offered the audience a short course to play Angklung. She then taught the audience to play the Angklung, each rhythm. Soon after the audience knew the basic sound, we all played popular songs together. The master ceremony spoke in English too because there foreigners among the visitors. At the end of the show, we were asked to join the performing children to dance together.
We really enjoyed the performance of bamboo musical instruments combined with the wonderful dances and nice master of ceremony. We were all very cheerful and refreshed after the show.
|19. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?|
|20. What did the students do before the show?|
|21. Why did the master of ceremony speak in English?|
19. Dari paragraf pertama disimpulkan bahwa yang dibicarakan adalah perjalanan ke Sauna Angklung Mang Udjo yang sangat pagi. Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah The trip to Soong Angklung Mang Udjo stared very early.
20. Dalam teks dijelaskan, kegiatan-kegiatan yang dilakukan sebelum pertunjukan adalah jalan-jalan mengelilingi galeri yang menjual kerajinan tangan dari Sunda (going around the gallery that sells Sundanese handicraft). Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah Making Sundanese hot drink Bandrek.
21. Dalam teks dikatakan “The master ceremony spoke in English too because there were foreigners among the visitors” (pembawaacara berbicara dengan bahasa Inggris juga karena ada orang-orang asing di antara pengunjung). Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah There were foreigners among the audiences in the hall.
Read the following text to answer questions number 22 to 24.
After driving for two hours, we arrived at a very nice place. It was near a river with some big trees around it. The driver parked the car under the tree. Seeing the clear an cool water of the river, my friends and I decided to swim. After having lunch together, we went around the area to enjoy the scenery. We saw some beautiful birds and butterflies.
After walking for about an hour, we decided to return to the car and go home. Unfortunately, we cloud not start up the car. Finally after sometime, we cloud make the car start up by pushing it. We were happy although we felt a bit tired when we got home.
|22. What is the main idea of the second paragraph?|
|23. Why did the writer and his friends decide to swim in the river?|
|24. Because of the trouble they had at the end of their picnic, they probably ....|
23. Lihat paragraf kedua: "Seeing the clear and cool water of the river, my friends and I decided to swim." (Melihat air sungai yang jernih dan sejuk, teman-temanku dan aku memutuskan untuk berenang.) Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah The water was cool and clear.
Read the following text to answer questions number 25 to 28.
At first, I just wanted to get the experience of joining a marathon. I thought it would be one life time experience. After finishing it, I changed my mind. I wanted to join another one. I was interested to complete at least one more marathon and improve my time. I also experienced a good feeling between participants and the spectators that made me happy. It was a very wonderful thing for me. So I decided that I had to join another marathon the following year.
|25. What is the text about?|
|26. To improve his achievement, the writer ...|
|27. What was the writer's intention when he decided to join his first marathon?|
|28. "... I change my mind." (Paragraph 2) The underlined word is closest in meaning to ...|
26. Untuk meningkatkan prestasinya, dia harus ikut lomba marathon tahun berikutnya Planned to join another marathon.
27. Keinginannya yang terbesit pertama kali ketika ikut lomba itu hanya untuk mendapatkan pengalaman He just wanted to get an experience.
28. Mind mempunyai arti (Pikiran) sedangkan pilihan yang lain jika diterjemahkan kedalam bahasa Indonesia adalah:
Decision = Keputusan
Ambition = Ambisi
Thought = Pikiran
Suggestion = Saran
Jadi, sinonim yang tepat adalah Thought.
Read the following text to answer questions number 29 to 31.
|29. What can you learn from the text? Andi should have ...|
|30. Why was Andi late to arrive at the station? Because ...|
|31. Andi arrived at the train station ... the train had already left.|
29. Andi seharusnya berangkat lebih awal. Left early.
30. Mengapa Andi terlambat tiba di stasiun? Karena sopirnya melaju pelan. Hal tersebut dikarekanan jalanan yang sangat ramai dan macet. Jawabannya adalah The driver was driving slowly.
31. Kata penghubung but digunakan untuk menunjukkan kontras atau perbedaan yang tak terduga. Jadi, kata penghubung yang tepat untuk melengkapi bagian yang rumpang adalah begitu But.
Demikianlah postingan saya kali ini tentang Kumpulan Soal Recount Text SMP dan Pembahasan. Semoga postingan ini bermanfaat dan jangan lupa share ya.