iTapuih.com - Kumpulan Soal Descriptive Text SMP dan Pembahasan. Descriptive text adalah salah satu jenis teks yang menjelaskan dan mendeskripsikan tentang suatu hal (benda, orang, tempat) baik bentuknya, sifat-sifatnya, jumlahnya dan lain-lain. Pada postingan kali ini saya akan membagikan tentang Kumpulan Contoh Soal Descriptive Text Untuk SMP dan Pembahasan. Kumpulan soal Descriptive Text berikut ini saya kumpulkan dari berbagai naskah soal UN Bahasa Inggris SMP. Untuk lebih jelasnya Anda bisa kunjungi link berikut ini Pembahasan Soal UN Bahasa Inggris SMP dan SMA (2009-2017) Semoga kumpulan soal-soal berikut ini dapat membantu kita untuk meningkatkan kemampuan dalam Bahasa Inggris.
Read the following text to answer questions number 1 to 3.
|1. Miko’s eyes are ....|
|2. The writer got the pet from ....|
|3. What is the text about?|
1. Perhatikan kalimat kelima: "It has brown eyes, too" (dia juga memiliki mata coklat). Dari kalimat tersebut, jelas bahwa mata Miko berwama coklat Brown.
2. Perhatikan kalimat keenam: "I got this pet from my friend at the beginning of 2009" (Saya mendapatkan binatang peliharaan ini dan teman saya di awal tahun 2009). Dari kalimat tersebut, diperoleh informasi bahwa penulis mendapatkan binatang peliharaan dari temannya The writer got the pet from His friend.
3. Teks pada soal membicarakan binatang peliharaan yang dimiliki oleh penulis, yakni seekor anjing yang bernama Miko dengan deskripsi karakteristik dan apa yang dilakukannya. Jadi, pilihan yang tepat adalah My lovely dog.
Read the following text to answer questions number 4 and 5.
The primary task of the Botanical Garden is to conduct research, inventory and protect Indonesian plant species, native to moist upland areas, particularly from eastern Indonesia, also to provide useful scientific service and to increase public appreciation for conservation.
|4. What is the Eka Karya Botanical Garden Like?|
|5. “There, visitors can stroll through cool…” (paragraph 1)|
What does the underlined word mean?
4. Perhatikan kalimat pertama paragraf 1: ‘The Eka Karya Botanical Garden is a unique place to visit in Bali’. Dari kalimat tersebut diperoleh informasi bahwa kebun raya Eka Karya nampak unik Unique.
5. Kata bergaris bawah "stroll" memiliki arti (jalan-jalan) Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah Walk slowly.
Read the following text to answer questions number 6 to 9.
What’s a typical working day for her? Making a ﬁlm is a hard work. She usually gets up at half past five in the morning and she’s always on the ﬁlm set at half past six. She never drinks coffee and she always has a light lunch of just green salad. She doesn’t like working up late at nights. She is usually in bed half past ten. If she stays out late, she will be too tired in the next morning.
Adam Shankman, a director of one of her ﬁlms, says ”J.Lo is actually a quiet person. She doesn’t like going out all the time. She often stays at home on Saturday nights and watches video.
If J.Lo isn’t working on a ﬁlm or making a record, her life style is very different. When she has got time off, she’s quite happy to go out. She loves New York restaurants. She loves dancing. She sometimes dances until three o’clock in the morning!
J. Lo’s family lives in New York. They were very close family. She sees her parents every weekend and she always phones them if she has a problem. She’s got two older sisters and they get on very well together. They are not just her sisters; they are her best friends.
|6. What is the text about?|
|7. What does J.Lo do when she has a problem?|
|8. What is the main idea of paragraph four?|
|9. “They get on very well together.”|
Who does the underlined word refer to?
6. Keseluruhan isi bacaan menginformasikan tentang Jennifer Lopez jadi bacaan tersebut tentang Jennifer Lopez.
7. Ketika punya masalah J.Lo selalu menelpon orang tuanya. Dijelaskan dalam paragraf terakhir bahwa “... she always phones them if she has a problem” Maka jawaban yang tepat adalah Phones her parents.
8. Pada paragraf keempat menceritakan tentang kegiatannya ketika dia sedang tidak bekerja. “If J.Lo is not working for a film or making record..." Jadi ide utama paragraf keempat adalah J.Lo’s lifestyle on her free days.
9. They dalam kalimat “They get on very well together” mengacu pada J.Lo dan saudara perempuannya “she’s got two older sisters and they get on very well together”. Jadi untuk soal refers to dicari jawabannya dari kata-kata yang ada di depannya J. Lo and her sisters.
Read the following text to answer questions number 10 to 12.
One of the interesting tourist objects in Sragen is the Sangiran Museum which is built in the Sangiran Dome. The dome itself is situated in the depression of Solo in the north-west slope of mount Lawu. This area is about 56 km² which consists of three districts in the Sragen Regency (the Gemolong, Kalijambe, Plupuh district) and one in the Karang Anyar Regency (The Gondang Rejo District). Sangiran is the most important site for the development of various ﬁelds of knowledge: anthropology, archeology, biology, palaeoanthropology.
|10. What does the text tell us about?|
|11. What passes through the middle of the Sragen Regency?|
|12. “This area is about 56 km² which consists …” (Par. 2)|
The underlined word refers to ….
10. Teks di atas menjelaskan tentang Sragen. Biasanya topik terdapat di awal atau akhir kalimat. Dan dalam bacaan tersebut topic terletak di awal kalimat . “Sragen is one of the regencies in Central Java.” Maka pilihan yang tepat adalah Sragen.
11. Yang melewati daerah Sragen adalah sungai Bengawan Solo (The Bengawan Solo river). Dijelaskan di paragraf pertama bans ke 3. “ ... In the middle of the area flows the longest river in Java, Be’ngawan Solo....” Maka pilihan yang tepat adalah The Bengawan Solo River.
12. Kata "this" dalam "This area is about 56 km² which consists... “ mengacu pada the Sangiran Dome. Dalam paragraph 2 dinyatakan “The Dome itself is situated in the Depression of Solo in the north-west slope of Mount Lawu. This area is about 56 km which consists of three districts in the Sragen Regency...” Maka pilihan yang tepat adalah The Sangiran Dome.
Read the following text to answer questions number 13 to 15.
There are two sections of the Yogya Kembali Monument. The first section of the Cureng Aircraft is on the eastern gate, while the other section of Guntai Aircraft stands closer to the western entrance of the monument. The Monument has two wheeled-machine guns which can be seen from a podium towards the eastern and the western side. In the southern end of the yard, there is a wall engraved with 420 names of freedom fighters who lost their lives during a great struggle, from December 19th, 1948 to June 29th, 1949. A poem by Chairil Anwar, titled Karawang Bekasi, is written on one side of the wall dedicated to these unknown patriots.
The Yogya Kembali Monument is surrounded by fish ponds. It is divided into four alleys which lead to the main building. The main building consists of different floors displaying a wide range of collections during and after the war times. It shows dioramas, carved reliefs or collection of clothes and weapons.
|13. What can be found in the western entrance of the monument?|
|14. What is the topic of the text above?|
|15. From the text above we can conclude that ....|
13. Coba perhatikan kalimat "while the other section of Guntai Aircraft stands closer to the western entrance of the monument". Dari kalimat tersebut dapat diperoleh informasi bahwa replika pesawat Guntai berada di sekitar pintu masuk bagian barat monumen tersebut. Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah A replica of the Guntai Aircraft.
14. Jelas bahwa teks di atas membahas mengenai Monumen Yogya Kembali. Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah The Yogya Kembali Monument.
15. Pada awal kalimat paragraf terakhir dapat kita ambil informasi bahwa monumen tersebut dikelilingi oleh kolam ikan. Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah The Yogya Kembali Monument is surrounded by fish ponds.
Read the following text to answer questions number 16 to 18.
My robot is very nice. It is about twenty centimeters tall. The colour of the robot is blue. The robot has a strong body. It has two big red eyes. Its two strong legs are covered with blade boots.
My robot can be moved with two medium sized batteries. After inserting the batteries at the back of the robot body, we can make it move when we push the button behind its neck. The robot will move its left and right foot in turn. It will move its two arms in turn too. However, the robot could not bend its feet and it moves forward only.
|16. What are the colour of the robot's eyes?|
|17. What is the main idea of paragraph three?|
|18. From the text we know that ...|
16. Coba simak kalimat "It has two big red eyes". Jelas bahwa robot tersebut memiliki mata yang berwarna merah. Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah Red.
17. Paragraf ketiga membahas mengenai kemampuan berjalan robot tersebut yang mana memerlukan dua buah baterai. Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah Two batteries are needed to make the robot move.
18. Coba simak kalimat "the robot could not bend its feet and it moves forward only" Dari kalimat tersebut dapat kita ambil informasi bahwa robot tersebut tidak dapat berjalan mundur. Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah The robot can't move backward.
Read the following text to answer questions number 19 to 21.
Transportation in my neighborhood is very easy. 80th Avenue is passed by many bus routes and taxis. I can walk to nearly every parts of the city because everything is in a walking distance. I love living in this neighborhood.
|19. What can't you find near the writer's house during day time?|
|20. Why does the writer love living in La Castellani? Because ....|
|21. "... which is a commercial sector." (paragraph 2)|
The underline words are similar in meaning with a/an ....
19. Kata "day time" (siang hari) pada siang hari disekitar penulis terdapat beberapa sekolah dan universitas, hal ini dapat dilihat pada kalimat “Near my house there are two schools and a university” Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah Schools and a university.
20. Alasannya adalah karena limgkungannya yang sangat nyaman Her neighbourhood is very convenient.
21. Kata commercial memiliki arti yang sama dengan business district (kawasan industri), sedangkan pilihan lain memiliki arti Convenient (nyaman) profitable (menguntungkan) appointment point (tempat janjian). Sinonim kata commercial adalah Business district.
Read the following text to answer questions number 22 to 24.
There are six main cow statues in Boyolali. They are displayed in different places. The statues are made of concrete. The colour and shape are made in such a way to resemble the real cows. However, the size is made bigger to catch the eye.
Besides decorating the town, the statues also turn out to be helpful for people from out of town to find places they are seeking in Boyolali. By mentioning the position of the statue, people can get their way easily.
|22. " ... they are seeking in Boyolali" (paragraph 3) What does the underlined word refer to?|
|23. What is the main idea of the last paragraph?|
|24. The text mainly tells us about ....|
22. Kata "they" dalam kalimat tersebut mengacu pada orang-orang dari luar kota People from out town.
23. Ide pokok dari paragraph ke tiga adalah patung membantu orang – orang dari luar kota menemukan tempat dengan mudah. Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah The statues help people to find places easily.
24. Pada umumnya teks tersebut menceritakan tentang Cow statues in Boyolali yang berarti patung sapi di boyolali.
Read the following text to answer questions number 25 to 28.
Picasso was born in 1881 in Malaga, Spain, as the son of an art teacher. He studied painting with his father and also in Madrid.
From 1895 to 1901, he painted realistic works in a traditional style. Then he entered what was called the Blue period. During this time, he only used shades of blue in his paintings to show poverty in Barcelona.
After 1907, he entered the style of cubism. Among his well-known cubist paintings are “The Three Musician” and “The man with a guitar” which depicted the destruction of Spanish town. Picasso died in France in 1973.
|25. Picasso used shades of blue in his painting during the Blue Period, because ….|
|26. What is the main idea of paragraph three?|
|27. “… which depicted the destruction of Spanish town.” (Paragraph 4).|
The underlined word has the same meaning as ….
|28. From the text, we know that ….|
25. Alasan kenapa Picasso menggunakan warna biru di lukisannya terdapat dalam kalimat "During this time, he only used shades of blue in his paintings to show poverty in Barcelona." Jawabannya adalah The blue was to show poverty in Barcelona.
26. Paragraf ketiga membahas tentang masa Blue period, sehingga Picasso used shades of blue in his paintings.
27. Kata "depict" artinya (menggambarkan) Yang artinya sama/paling mendekati dengan menggambarkan yaitu Described.
28. Dari lukisan Picasso yang berubah gayanya mengikuti masa/era ketika dia masih hidup, kita dapat menyimpulkan bahwa lukisan-lukisannya menggambarkan lingkungan di sekitamya. Jadi, pilihan yang tepat adalah Picasso used his paintings to describe his environment.
Read the following text to answer questions number 29 to 32.
It is one of the largest bird park in the world. The birds are kept in large cages, and there are hundreds of beautiful birds from many different parts of the world, including penguins, parrots, eagles, and ostriches. There is a large lake in the park with a restaurant beside it. There is also a very large cage which you can walk in to get a closer look at the birds.
It takes about two hours to see all the birds. You can walk around the park or ride on a bus. The best time to visit the park is in the early morning or late afternoon, when it is cooler.
|29. How far is the park from the city?|
|30. Why do many people like to visit the bird park late in the afternoon?|
|31. What is the main idea of the second paragraph?|
|32. “It is located in the industrial area in Singapore.” (paragraph 1)|
What does the underlined word mean?
Read the following text to answer questions number 33 to 37.
One Tabuik was carried by 40 people. Behind Tabuik, a group of people wearing traditional clothes carry various of percussion stop, dozens of people perform martial arts accompanied by Minang Tetabuhan.
The sunset marks the end of the procession the Tabuik was the bought to a shore and then floated out to sea. This is conducted as they believe that throwing Tabuik into the sea will dispose of bad luck.
|33. What is the text about?|
|34. What is the main idea of paragraph three?|
|35. Where is Tabuik come from?|
|36. Why must Tabuik be thrown into the sea?|
|37. What is the purpose of the text?|
33. Di dalam teks dibahas satu upacara adat yang berasal dari Sumatra Barat yaitu Tabuik. Tabuik ceremony in West Sumatra.
34. Dalam teks tertulis jelas bahwa Tabuik dapat menolak keburukan jika dibuang ke pantai ” This Is conducted as they believe that throwing Tabuik into the sea will dispose of bad luck”. Jawaban yang tepat adalah The Tabuik will dispose bad luck if thrown to the sea.
35. Tertulis jelas di teks bahwa “Tabuik ceremony is a tradition on the west coast of West Sumatra, Indonesia, especially in Pariaman”. Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah Pariaman.
36. Sesuai dengan teks yang tertulis bahwa, throwing Tabuik into the sea will dispose of bad luck. Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah To mark the disposal of bad luck.
37. Pembahasan: Teks tersebut membicarakan satu topik. yaitu To describe Tabuik ceremony.
Read the following text to answer questions number 38 to 40.
This Year is the third time for the school to hold the event. The students and the teachers are working hard together to make the program successful. The event is aimed to give a chance for all junior high school students in the city to perform their talents .and skills.
There are various programs held in this event, such as group band competition, culinary fair, book fair, sport festival, and handicraft bazaar. Usually, every school participates in the event. It may compete in the band competition or sport festival. some of the schools join the fairs, while some others just come as guests and enjoy the programs.
Among the programs, the band competition is the students, favorite. Almost all schools send their delegates to compete for the best group band in the city. Most of the contestants perform the latest songs and they do it really well. As a result, it is always hard for the jury to decide the winners.
|38. How often does the school hold GM-EFC?|
|39. The purpose of the text is ....|
|40. What program attracts most participants?|
38. Dalam teks jelas tertulis bahwa event ini diadakan setiap satu tahun sekali. Jawaban yang tepat adalah Every year.
39. Tujuan dari teks tersebut adalah menjelaskan event GM-EFC secara umum. Jawaban yang tepat adalah To describe the event in general.
40. Pada teks tertulis bahwa “Among the programme, the band competition is students favorite” (bahwa kompetensi band adalah acara yang paling banyak menarik massa). Jawaban yang tepat adalah Band Competition.
Read the following text to answer questions number 41 to 44.
We always spend time together at home. We do many activities: playing balls, hide and seek, or racing in the backyard. In the afternoon, I usually take him for a walk. People love to see Snowy. Snowy is really a sweet and friendly pet.
|41. What is the topic of the story?|
|42. The main topic of paragraph two is ....|
|43. Where does the writer usually spend the time with his pet?|
|44. What activity does the writer do after school with his pet?|
45. Dalam teks sangat jelas menjelaskan kedekatan antara si binatang peliharaan dengan tuannya. Jawaban yang tepat adalah A friendship between a pet and its owner.
46. Si penulis mengatakan bahwa “We always spend time together at home” (Mereka selalu melakukan banyak aktivitas bersama). Jawaban yang tepat adalah The writer's activities with his/her pet.
47. Mereka melakukan banyak kegiatan di rumah “we always spend time together at home”. Jawaban yang tepat adalah At home.
48. Pada teks tertulis pada sore hari mereka berjalan-jalan In the afternoon, I usually take her for a walk. Jawaban yang tepat adalah Take it for a walk.
Read the following text to answer question number 49 to 51.
My house is small. It is located in the middle of a small town. It is two a storey house. My parent's bedroom is downstairs but my bedroom is upstairs. I like my bedroom very much. The view of the town from my bedroom is great.
In front of my house, there is a big playground for small children to play. It is always crowded in the afternoon- Parents bring their children to play there. From the window of my bedroom, I like to see the children playing. They are running around, swinging, sliding, and shouting to each other. Some children even do something that makes me laugh. They are so cute and their actions are funny sometimes.
In the evening, it is quite. Nobody was playing in the playground. It is the time for me to do my homework and study my lesson. I love my house very much.
|49. What is the text about?|
|50. The writer watches the children playing from ....|
|51. The writer can't study in the afternoon because ....|
49. Dalam teks tersebut, penulis menceritakan mengenai rumahnya yang sangat ia sukai The writer's lovely house.
50. Dalam teks dikatakan “From the window of my bedroom, I like to see the children playing” (Dari jendela kamarku, aku suka melihat anak anak bermain). Jadi, penulis dapat melihat anak-anak bermain dari kamar tidurnya Her bedroom.
51. Penulis tidak dapat belajar di sore hari karena banyaknya anak-anak bermain di taman The children are playing in the playground.
Jawaban: Dbr />
Read the following text to answer questions number 52 to 54.
Fafa is a very kind and friendly girl. She is always ready to help other people. Although she comes from a rich family, she never looks down on other people. She is very sociable and has a lot of friends. She can interact easily with people from different ages. Therefore, she is also popular among teachers and parents.
|52. What is the text about?|
|53. What is the main idea of paragraph two?|
|54. The underlined word in "she can interact easily with people ..." is closest in meaning to ....|
52. Teks tersebut secara keseluruhan membahas tentang fafa sahabat dari sang penulis. Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah The writer's best friend.
54. Kata "interact" (berinteraksi) mempunyai arti yang sama dengan "communicate" yaitu (berkomunikasi). Sedangkan, pilihan lain mempunyai arti react (reaksi) introduce (memperkenalkan) influence (mempengaruhi). Jadi, sinonim kata interact adalah Communicate.
Read the following text to answer questions number 55 to 58.
Besides that Mr. Tucker always does the same things everyday. Entering the classroom, he will wash his hands in the basin in the corner the class. After that he will walk over to his desk. Sitting in her desk, he will look at and greet us formally. Then he will put on her glasses, open his textbook and ask us what lesson we discussed the previous meeting. And then he starts teaching. I was really amazed by his habit.
|55. What is the writer's purpose to write the text?|
|56. The writer describes Mr. Tucker as a ...|
|57. The writer can tell Mr. Tucker habit precisely because ...|
|58. "I was really amazed by his habit." The underlined word is closest in meaning to ...|
55. Teks ini termasuk kedalam jenis Descriptive Text, text ini bertujuan untuk menggambarkan suatu hal (orang, benda, tempat) secara spesifik. Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah To make the readers know the character of his teacher.
57. Kenapa penulis bisa menceritakan kebiasaan Mr. Tucker? karena dia melihat Mr. Tucker melakukan hal yang sama setiap hari. Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah He sees Mr. Tucker does the same thing everyday.
58. Amazed mempunyai arti (Takjub) sedangkan pilihan yang lain jika diterjemahkan kedalam bahasa Indonesia adalah:
Scared = Takut
Surprised = Terkejut/Tercengang
Ashamed = Malu
Nervous = Gugup
Sebenarnya menurut saya tidak ada jawaban yang tepat. Namun, ada sinonim yang mendekati tepat adalah Surprised.
Read the following text to answer questions number 59 to 62.
Designed by architect Renzo Piano, The Shart is the second tallest free standing structure in the UK. Its exterior boasts 11,000 glass panels — that's equivalent in area to eight football pitches or two-and-a-half Trafalgar Squares.
The building was developed to have multiple uses, describes on the website as a 'vertical city where people can live, work and relax'. This motto was clearly taken on board that was found on the 72nd floor towards the end of construction.
|59. What is the text about?|
|60. In Europe, the Shard gains popularity on its ...|
|61. What probably makes people interested to stay in the Shard?|
|62. "..., making it Western European's tallest building." What does the underlined word refer to?|
60.Perhatikan paragraf pertama yang menyatakan gedung ini yang paling tinggi di Eropa Barat "Western European's tallest building" Tentu yang menjadikannya terkenal karena ketinggiannya. Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah Height.
61. Hal yang mungkin membuat orang tertarik untuk sinngah sebentar di Shard adalah karena lokasinya yang terletak di jantung kota London.. Jadi, jawaban yang tepat adalah It is located in the heart of London.
62. Untuk menjawab pertanyaan jenis ini "refers to" kita harus fokus pada kalimat sebelumnya. "The Shard is an 87-storey skyscraper, which sits in the heart of London. It is known as the shard of glass. Construction began in 2009 and was completed three years later in 2012, making it Western European's tallest building." Jadi dapat disimpulkan kata it mengacu pada The Shard.
Demikianlah postingan saya kali ini tentang Kumpulan Soal Descriptive Text SMP dan Pembahasan. Semoga postingan ini bermanfaat dan jangan lupa share ya.