iTapuih.com - Kumpulan Soal Horrtatory Exposition Text SMA dan Pembahasan. Horrtatory Exposition text adalah salah satu jenis teks yang yang memberikan penjelasan secara komprehensif tentang suatu masalah dengan menampilkan pendapat-pendapat pendukung secara hati-hati, text ini termasuk ke dalam jenis Argumentation Text. Pada postingan kali ini saya akan membagikan tentang Kumpulan Contoh Soal Horrtatory Exposition Text Untuk SMA dan Pembahasan. Kumpulan soal Horrtatory Exposition Text berikut ini saya kumpulkan dari berbagai naskah soal UN Bahasa Inggris SMA. Untuk lebih jelasnya Anda bisa kunjungi link berikut ini Pembahasan Soal UN Bahasa Inggris SMP dan SMA (2009-2017) Semoga kumpulan soal-soal berikut ini dapat membantu kita untuk meningkatkan kemampuan dalam Bahasa Inggris.
The following text is for questions 1 to 4.
In this modern era, there are still some parents who are reluctant about sending their daughters to college. The narrow attitude shown to women's education is largely due to the traditional role of women in society. A woman is expected to be a wife and a mother. Most parents believe that if their daughter gets married and chooses to be a housewife, then the higher education will be waste. However, an educated woman is not only a better wife but also contributes something to the society.
Nowadays, more and more women are successfully combining their career and marriage. Educated women are richer both emotionally and financially. They are able to find an outlet for their monotonous drudgery of their housekeeping. They bring more satisfaction and contentment to their lives.
Depriving girls of higher education is crash discrimination. Times have changed; modern society needs the talents of its people regardless of gender. Today, women work alongside men. In fact, in the last few decades, women have made outstanding contributions to society.
Women should be given the freedom to be educated whether or not they get married or go to work after finishing their education, because it is only through education that a woman will find herself useful and discover that she wants in life. A woman who works is not an insult to her husband. Conversely, her husband should feel proud of her achievements since. marriage is actually an equal partnership.
Therefore, parents should not think that girls should receive less education just because they will get married one day.
|1. What makes parents reluctant to send their daughters to college ....
|2. What is the main purpose of the text ....
|3. Modern society needs ....
|4. "In fact, in the last few decades, women have made outstanding contributions to society." (Paragraph 3).
The synonym of the italic word is ....
1. Pada paragraf pertama disebutkan bahwa “the narrow attitude shown to women's education is largely due to the traditional role of women in society. Jadi jelas alasan untuk tak menyekolahkan anak mereka ke jenjang yang Iebih tinggi karena pengaruh adat tersebut. Pilihan yang tepat adalah Traditional roles of women in society do not need high education.
2. Jelas tujuan utama teks ini adalah memberi alasan dan pandangan tentang pentingnya pendidikan pada perempuan. Pilihan yang tepat adalah To put forward a point of view or argument about higher education for women.
3. Pada paragraf ketiga disebutkan modern society need the talents of its people regardless gender. Jadi jawaban yang tepat adalah Talented people regardless gender.
4. Sinonim yang tepat untuk kata Outstanding (Iuar biasa) adalah Remarkable.
The following text is for questions 5 to 9.
Just watch a local street for a short while and note the steady stream of skaters speeding up and down the footpaths. Toddlers can be trampled on and old ladies can be knocked down as they struggle home carrying their cat food from supermarkets.Thunderous rattles are heard on our main roads each night as skaters travel without lights and without signs to oncoming cars.
Skateboarding is a serious sport that improves young people’s health. It increases fi tness, improves balance, and strengthens the joints in knees and ankles. Although it appears to be a solo sport, when groups practice together and compete to perform stunts or runs they form fi rm friendships.
Young people should be prevented from becoming overweight couch potatoes. If they are actively involved in skating, they do not smoke, take drugs, or break laws for fun.
Kids will always seek thrills and excitement. They need to practice their 180’s, 360’s, and Ollie’s free from restrictions. We must build skate parks in the suburbs so that street are safe for small children and senior citizens and skaters have spaces where they can race, chase, speed, and soar towards the sun.
|5. Where do the kids usually ride their skateboard?
|6. What is the main idea of paragraph 3?
|7. The writer’s purpose in writing the text is ....
|8. What must we do to let the skaters play?
|9. They need to practice their 180’s, 360’s, and Ollie’s free from restrictions. (paragraph 5)
The synonym of the underlined word is ....
5. Seperti dinyatakan kalimat pertama paragraf 2: "... and note the steady stream of skaters speeding up and down the footpaths" dan kalimat terakhir paragraf 2: "Thunderous rattles are heard on our main roads each night as skaters travel ...", tempat dimana anak-anak mamacu skateboardnya adalah jalan utama (main roads) dan gang (foot paths). Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah In the main roads and footpaths.
6. Semua kalimat pada paragraf 3 menginformasikan sisi baik dari ber-skateboard. Dengan demikian, pikiran utama paragraf ini adalah sisi baik dari ber-skateboard The goodness of skateboarding.
7. Teks ragam analytical exposition lazimnya berakhir dengan suatu persuasi/seruan sebagai tujuan tulisan tersebut. Kalimat terakhir berbunyi: "we must build skate parks in the suburbs so that streets are safe for small children and senior citizens and skaters have spaces where they can race, chase, speed, and soar towards the sun". Jelas bahwa tujuan tulisan ini adalah untuk meyakinkan para pembaca bahwa mereka perlu menyediakan tampat yang aman untuk para skater bermain skateboard To convince the readers that they need a safe place for skaters to skate.
8. Seperti diserukan pada kalimat terakhir paragraf terakhir: "we must build skate parks in the suburbs so that ...", membuat pelataran untuk skateboard di pinggiran kota adalah hal yang harus dilakukan untuk memungkinkan para skater bermain Skateboard. Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah Build a skate park in the suburbs.
9. Kata "restriction" yang memiliki arti (keterbatasan), bersinonim dengan pengertian kata "limitation". Kata pada opsi lain masing-masing memiliki arti: approval (persetujuan) allowance (uang saku) improvement (peningkatan) dan prevention (pencegahan). Sinonim restriction adalah Limitation.
The following text is for questions 10 to 12.
Inner discipline, one that comes from an understanding of the set rules and regulations, is the highest from of the behaviour. Most exellent schools try to instill this with a loving environment. Why, even adults arrive late to meetings, work, etc. Here, we do not agree that late comers should be shut out. They can be given warnings, most of which are enough to make them try their best to reach the school on time later. If this fails, invite their parents to school.
By closing the gates, the school is behaving cruelly, to which we prefer not to expose our children. Every school has a responsibility to implant good educational principle, but it should be in appropriate ways. Good schools create competitive students who can organize themselves effectively in society, so that everyone gets a quality life as a result of ethics and values learned for as long as 12 years.
Children are precious and dependent on the adults for guidance. Understanding them is the key, and to this end, both parents and schools must work hand in hand without playing the blame game.
|10. What should the school do if a student can’t stop his/her habit to come late to school?
|11. What does the writer think to be “the highest from of behavior” (in the second paragraph)?
|12. “Children are precious and dependent on the adults for guidance” The underlined word is closest in meaning to ....
10. Pertanyaan “What should the School do if a student can ‘t stop his/her habit to come late to school?" menanyakan (Apa yang seharusnya sekolah lakukan jika murid tidak dapat menghentikan kebiasaannya datang telat ke sekolah?) Perhatikan kalimat berikut "They can be given warnings, most of which are enough to make them try their best to reach the school on time later (Murid-murid dapat diberikan peringatan, yang cukup untuk membuat murid mencoba untuk tiba ke sekolah tepat waktu di kemudian hari). "If this fails, invite their parents to school" (Jika peningatan itu gagal, mengundang orangtua mereka ke sekolah). Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah Talk to his/her parents.
11. Pertanyaan “What does the writer think to be the highest form of behaviour?" menanyakan (Apa yang penulis pikirkan untuk menjadi bentuk tingkah laku yang tertinggi?) Pada kalimat “Inner discipline, one that comes from an understanding of the set rules and regulations, is the highest form of behaviouR?" Menjelaskan disiplin dari dalam diri, satu bentuk disiplin dapat datang dan pemahaman aturan dan regulasi. Jadi, penulis berpikir bahwa the highest form of behaviour adalah Inner discipline.
12. Kata "precious" memiliki arti yang sama dengan "valuable" yaitu (berharga). Sedangkan arti dari pilihan yang lain adalah: valuable (berharga) excellent (baiksekali) clever (pandai) innocent (tidak bersalah) naive (naif) Jadi, kata yang mendekati makna precious adalah Valuable.
The following text is for questions 13 to 15.
There are, however, some problems associated with this new industry. Firstly, there is the increasing crime rate. Some locals see tourists as an easy prey because, not only are they in unfamiliar territory and therefore less able to take care of themselves, but also they carry visible items of wealth, such as cameras and jewelry which can be disposed of quickly for profit.
Another major problem is health. With greater mobility comes greater danger of spreading contagious diseases around the world. One carrier returning home could easily start an epidemic before their illness was diagnosed. Moreover, he emergence of many diseases which resist antibiotics is causing scientists to be increasingly concerned about this issue.
Also to be considered is the natural environment, which can be seriously threatened by too many visitors. Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, for example, is in danger of being destroyed by tourists and there are plans to restrict visitors to some of the more delicate coral cays.
These are just three of the reasons why any country should be wary of committing itself to an extensive tourism development program.
|13. Why does the natural environment become one of the serious problem associated with the faster planes and cheaper flight? Because ....
|14. Why is the crime rate increasing due to the new industry?
|15. “One carrier returning home could easily start an epidemic before their illness was diagnosed.” (Paragraph 3) The underlined word means....
13. Lihat paragraf 4 kalimat 1 berikut, “Also to be considered is the natural environment which can be seriously threatened by too many visitors.” (Yang juga harus dipertimbangkan adalah Iingkungan alamiah, yang bisa benarb enar terancarri dengan terlalu banyaknya pengunjung.) Jadi, terlalu banyaknya pengunjung dapat merusak lingkungan alamiah. Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah It can be destroyed by too many visitors.
14. Alasan tingkat kriminal yang naik dengan adanya kawasan industri baru adalah karena beberapa dan turis tersebut membawa barang-barang berharga yang terlihat mata. Maka, jawaban yang tepat adalah Some tourists carry visible items of wealth.
15. Kata "diagnosed" memiliki arti yang sama dengan "identified" yaitu (diidentifikasi). Sedangkan arti dari pilihan yang lain adalah: found (ditemukan) observed (diamati) identified (diidentifikasi) examined (diperiksa) healed (sembuh) Jadi, kata yang mendekati makna diagnosed adalah Identified.
The following text is for questions 16 to 18.
Lots of tourists visit our town, but many people argue whether this is good or bad for the community. Each side has their own viewpoints.
Those in favor of the tourist industry argue that tourism brings money to the town and creates employment. Business owners also supports this saying that tourism promotes development in town. Moreover, everyone benefits from having better facilities and more shops. Others also argue that tourism develops a better understanding of other cultures so people become more tolerant.
People against tourism, however, say that most of tourist’s dollars are spent in international hotels owned by foreign interest groups. Consequently, the town receives little financial benefit. In addition, they point out that the new developments have caused traffic and water supply problems. They argue that several unpleasant incidents in the community indicate that the local community resentment towards tourists.
Undoubtedly, the local council should please both sides. Not only should it promote tourism, but also restrict new development that would cause traffic and water supply problems.
|16. From the viewpoint of those who disagree with tourist industry, who will likely receive the most financial benefit?
|17. What are the factors that make the people agree to the tourist industry?
|18. “Not only should it promote tourism, but also restrict new development ....” (Paragraph 4) The underlined word is closest in meaning to...
16. Pada teks dikatakan "People against tourism, however, say that most of tourist's dollars am spent in international hotels owned by foreign interest groups" yang artinya bahwa (Orang - orang menolak pariwisata, bagaimanapun uang dolar dari para turis akan dihabiskan di hotel - hotel internasional) Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah International hotel owners.
17. Pada teks tertulis 4 faktor tersebut "that tourism brings money to the town and creates employment (finance). Business owners also supports this saying that tourism promotes development in town (development). Moreover, everyone benefits from having better facilities and more shops (public facilities). Others also argue that tourism develops a better understanding of other cultures so people become more tolerant (social)". Dari pernyataan-pernyataan tersebut dapat disimpulkan jawaban yang benar adalah Public facilities, development, finance, social.
18. Arti dari "restrict" adalah (membatasi) yang artinya sama dengan Limit.
The following text is for questions 19 to 22.
The indiscriminate hunting of endangered houbara bustard birds in Pakistan by rich hunting parties from the Gulf nations have pushed the species toward extinction. The hunting was initially banned by the Pakistani courts, but under continuous pressure from the provincial governments of Sind, Baluchistan, and Punjab, as well as the federal government, recently the courts lifted the ban on the hunting of this vulnerable species.
Some people in Pakistan have been advocating for sustainable hunting of the species instead of a complete ban, but this is highly debatable. Reckless hunting for decades has pushed this beautiful species toward extinction and it is now critically endangered in Pakistan.
No reliable or credible statistics on the population dynamics of the species are available either. Unless specially protected by the law, the species runs the risk of becoming extinct in the wild in the next few decades.
Under these circumstances, they only logical approach to save the species from extinction in the not-so-distant future is to immediately start comprehensive captive breeding program for the species across the nation.
If the captive breeding program runs successfully and produces an appreciable number of chicks. then reintroduction programs could be initiated in their wild habitats.
only after rebuilding population for some time in the wild and allowing them to breed naturally to reach a sustainable population could some restricted hunting be planned. Currently, the low numbers have made this species vulnerable and with zero or poor monitoring, sustainable hunting practices in Pakistan for this dwindling species will not work.
Game hunting works only when a stable population is achieved with strict monitoring on the ratio of males to females hunted per season. If the females (no true statistics available) are being taken out of the population through random hunting, the population is sure to pass through a bottleneck in the wild habitat, with high vulnerability to eventual extinction.
The people of Pakistan need to decide what is more important-a few petrodollars or protecting the biodiversity of the nation.
Saikat Kumar Basu
|19. What is the subject of the text?
|20. From the text, we know that the writer ...
|21. According to the text, why does the writer want all kinds of houbara bird hunting be banned?
|22. From the passage, we can conclude that people can resume hunting the houbara bird only ... a sustainable population is reached.
19. Jika pertanyaan yang dimaksud adalah pokok pembahasan dalam text, jawaban yang tepat adalah tentang perburuan burung houbara Pakistan. Maka, pilihan yang tepat adalah The hunting of Pakistan's houbara bird.
20. Dari text tersebut kita bisa mengetahui bahwa penulis mencoba mengajak pembaca untuk melestarikan burung houbara. Dari pernyataan-pernyataan tersebut dapat disimpulkan jawaban yang benar adalah Tries to persuade people to conserve houbara bird.
21. Untuk menjawab pertanyaan '"According to the text, why does the writer want all kinds of houbara bird hunting be banned?" (Menurut teks, mengapa penulis menginginkan segala jenis perburuan terhadap burung houbara dilarang?). Karena populasi burung houbara yang semakin sedikit dan terancam punah. Jadi, jawaban yang benar adalah The population of houbara bird is getting smaller and smaller.
22. Kata yang tepat untuk mengisi bagian yang rumpang adalah After.
Demikianlah postingan saya kali ini tentang Kumpulan Soal Horrtatory Exposition Text SMA dan Pembahasan. Semoga postingan ini bermanfaat dan jangan lupa share ya.